How to share your Instagram link:
app and browser
You can share your Instagram profile by typing it where you need. It may be a dialog or a post in social media. It’s not difficult to remember how the link looks.
Username is the name of a profile, it’s a login.
For example, the link www.instagram.com/instagram leads to the official Instagram page.
This method is applicable both for mobile devices and computers. Use it to copy your Instagram link or to get the URL of another user.
- Tap the address box two times. The link becomes highlighted and there appears a menu.
- Tap Copy.
You can create a kind of business card both from a smartphone or computer. In the mobile app it is called a QR code. In a web browser version, look for the Nametag feature. The differences are not only in their names, but also in their functions.
This is one more way to share your Instagram link. It looks more appealing than just letters in a row. Placing it on your profile is also a good way to promote the account.
It’s easy to create the QR code:
- Open the three lines menu on your profile page.
- Choose QR Code.
On the square you see your Instagram username and pixelated image which is the code.
You can alter the design. Tap the button at the top to see available options.
- Emoji. You can change the one that is spread all around the square. Tap the screen. There appears a window where you can search for another emoji. Type a word and choose what’s suggested.
- Selfie. A camera feature with emoji appears. Tap it to change what’s displayed. There are a unicorn rubber ring, different glasses, heart-eyes, and mustaches. The photo will be displayed as the emoji. Tap the screen to change the selfie attribute after you took the photo.
- Color. It’s simple — you tap the QR code and the distinguishable vivid gradient changes its color. Choose what's related to you — blue, green, violet, rose, orange.
Tap the icon in the top right corner to share the QR code. You can post it to the feed or Stories, or send in DM.
You can get your Instagram link if you tap the Share icon. There you will find the option Copy. Tap it, and you will have the profile link in your clipboard.
Unfortunately, there is no such feature in Android.
Nametag has less possibilities. You can only make it on a color background. Though, the color can be changed. You can download the tag after creating it.
- Go to your profile page and click the gear icon.
- Choose Nametag.
- Click Download Nametag.
Send it as a picture or print and spread offline.
You can send a post or Story link instead of an Instagram profile link. You send a link to users. They go to a post or Story and then tap the Instagram username at the top of the publication to go to your profile.
To copy an Instagram post link:
- Tap the three dots on a post page.
- Choose Copy Link.
To copy a Story link:
- Tap the three dots while watching your Story.
- Choose Copy Link.
There are options to share others’ profiles. You can share your Instagram link using one of them if you run several accounts.
For example, I want to share my juliamoorenyc profile. So the first thing I do is log into another Instagram account. In my case it’s sara.miller.kc. Then I go to the juliamoorenyc page and open the three dots menu.
- Tap Share this Profile.
- Choose users who you want to send the page.
A profile preview will appear in your dialog with that person.
Tap Copy Profile URL.
Now you can share your Instagram profile, paste the link wherever you want.
One of the ways to promote your account is to share your Instagram profile on other resources.
You can type the link manually or copy it from a web browser. The QR code or Nametag are alternatives to the text address. You can also use a second account to share your Instagram link of your usual profile.
Sharing Instagram profile links on other resources is a highly useful tool in terms of digital marketing. It is even more relevant to brand’s accounts.
Write in the comments below — what method to get your Instagram link you will use.