Possible ways to unfollow everyone on Instagram
Instagram adheres to a very strict policy to limit spam and ensure the protection of user data. For this reason, the application does not have such features as the ability to mass unfollowing, see who unfollowed or visited the page. Such features would make life easier for many Instagram users.
The simplest and most effective way is to manually unfollow. But there are also some nuances here. There are limits for monitoring suspicious account activity.
For example, the maximum number of Instagram pages that you can follow is 7500. When this mark is reached, you need to clean the list of followings to make room for new ones. The amount of unfollowing for a certain period of time is also limited, otherwise instagram will consider your actions as spam. This can lead to a ban for 1-48 hours. To avoid this situation, unsubscribe from no more than 150 accounts gradually during the day.
Users are not always interested in clearing the entire following list. In some cases, their goal is to delete those profiles with which there is the least interaction. In this regard, Instagram has developed a function — “Less interacted with“. A special section in the following section that shows the users with whom you interact the least: how often you view their stories, put likes or scroll through their publications. To go to this section, click on “Following“. At the very top of the screen, you will see two categories “Less Interacted With” and “Most Shown in Feed“. Go to the first section and unfollow from those accounts that you are not interested in.
Speaking about the possibility of mass unfollowing, all existing applications are unofficial. The use of such programs may lead to the blocking of your account. Therefore, we do not advise you to waste your time on them. In any case, whether to trust third-party applications or not depends only on you. If you are not afraid of losing your account, then make a request to the App store or Google play “Mass unfollowing“ and download the app you like the most.
We advise you to use such app as “FollowMeter“. It is designed to track statistics on instagram: see who has unfollowed or followed you, who you’re not following back, who isn’t following you back, etc. Go to the section “who isn’t following you back” and unsubscribe from those accounts that are least interesting to you. It is more convenient to do this in “FollowMeter“ than in Instagram, because when you unsubscribe, you will not get a notification that you are unsubscribing from a private profile.
You can learn more about the “FollowMeter“ functions in our article.
If your following list is very large, and the account itself is not very valuable for you, then you can simply create a new one and be more selective about following other profiles. Remember that any excessively active actions on Instagram cause suspicion in the system. Therefore, even mass unfollowing manually can lead to blocking. Especially if the account was created recently.
People follow a large number of accounts for various reasons and then unfollow them. Let’s look at the most common cases:
- The content has become unexciting. People’s interests change very quickly. What was interesting a couple of years ago, now may not cause a desire to devote your time to this. Therefore, do not be afraid and unsubscribe from excessive content.
- Fake Instagram account. Perhaps for some reason you subscribed to a fake account. It is very easy to determine it. As a rule, such profiles have a lot of following and few followers.
- The page is abandoned. There are also cases when accounts are abandoned. If the account does not show any activity (new posts, stories, subscriptions), therefore, it is abandoned, and you can unfollow it.
- Excessive activity of some users. There are a lot of people on Instagram who upload stories and posts every five minutes. If you are not interested in their content, then you shouldn't waste your time watching it.
- Exceeding the limit of 7,500 following. It is important to mention the fact that the number of subscriptions includes not only those accounts that appear in your following list, but also those accounts to which you have sent a follow request. They will be displayed in the total number only after users approve your application.
- Due to the large number of subscriptions, it is difficult to find the right content. By subscribing to an impressive number of accounts, you increase the chance of missing out on vital publications for you. Since instagram is constantly updating your feed, trying to show you the content of all accounts.
The principle of forming an ideal following list is based only on those accounts that are interesting to you. Do not waste time watching irrelevant content.
If you want your audience to grow, and the number of subscriptions exceeds the number of unsubscriptions, then take a responsible attitude to maintaining your Instagram page.
- Be active so that users do not consider your profile to be abandoned.
- Choose an attractive nickname that will not be similar to those used by bots.
- Install an avatar and periodically upload photos to your profile.
- Watch Stories, leave comments and put likes on the publications of the accounts to which you are subscribed.
- Pay special attention to the Bio section. If you want to tell about yourself, share links to other social networks, then use the service for creating multilinks — Taplink. This is an advanced tool that will allow you to place all the crucial information in one place: information about you, ways to contact you,links to your other resources, etc. It will increase the confidence of users in your account. Place a link to your Taplink page in the “Bio” so that guests of your Instagram page can always quickly find essential information about you.