How to create a digital business card
- How to make a good digital business card?
- What should you feature on a digital business card?
- Detailed instructions on how to create a digital business card
- Step 1 — choose a template
- Step 2 — add your contact details to the digital business card
- Step 3 — give access to your digital business card to people
- How to share digital business cards online and offline
- How to make a digital business card on an iPhone?
- How to create a digital business card on Android?
- How to create a digital business card on a desktop or laptop?
- How to make a digital business card online with no app?
- How to make a digital business card with a QR code?
- How to create a digital business card for free?
- How to create a digital business card for WhatsApp?
- The bottom line
A good business card is the one that people do use. Your clients will reach out to you more often if you create a digital business card that:
- is always timely updated. Clients always have your current contact details if you give them a business card that is a one-page website. They see the updated contact info the same moment you update it on the web page. Just remember to do it timely.
- gives a choice of contact options. Some people communicate by texting only, and others always call. There are also those who prefer visiting offline spots to deal in person. The more options you add, the more users can find a convenient way to reach out to you.
- has clickable links. A client only needs to tap a couple of times and that's it — the phone is calling, a chat is open, or a route is created.
In the screenshots, you can see two digital business cards. And below you can read how to make one of them in 10 minutes.
When you create a digital business card, make sure that you provide:
01. Your name and specialization. Remind people of your name once again to avoid awkward situations. Also, remind people of what you do so that they can be sure that they are reaching the right specialist.
02. All the contact options:
- social profiles.
- messaging app chats.
Then, users can choose a convenient option.
03. A save contact button. Clients only need to tap once, and the Contacts app is opened on their phones with the fields filled in. One more tap — and your contact info is saved.
04. Offline addresses. You can add a map near the list of addresses to make it easier for users to navigate. Also, you can link to map apps so that users can create a route.
It's time to move from words to actions. Follow the instructions below to create a digital business card which will be a website.
You can create a digital business card in a web builder. Use templates if you want to do it quickly. If you want a card that is unique, create it from scratch.
As an example, we show how to create an electronic business card on Taplink. This is a tool that allows you to do everything that was mentioned above for sure.
Choose a template that looks like the digital business card that you need. Don't worry if none of them is 100% what you need. Below we explain how to edit them.
First of all, you need to sign up.
After signing up, you are taken to a page with templates where you need to:
01. Choose a page type: go for Bio link to create a business card with one photo and same-looking buttons, or go for Lite website to create a business card with different buttons, photos, maps, and much more.
02. Choose a category relevant to your niche or About me.
03. Choose one of the templates. If you want to use the template we show in this guide, tap the link.
04. Tap Choose.
Now you need to remove the default information and add yours.
The next thing you need to create a digital business card is to specify your information. The templates have default information. These can be messaging app and social network profiles, phone numbers, emails, addresses, etc. You need to replace them with your actual info. You can also add more details and remove them.
You can see exclamation marks when you create your digital business card. They indicate elements that require editing.
Edit elements on your digital business card:
01. Tap a block.
02. Optionally, edit the link text. You can write not just "Call", but "Call me" or "Tap to call".
03. Optionally, add additional link text. It will be a small text under the main one. For example, it can tell the time when you answer calls.
04. Optionally, change the action that happens when a user taps the link. Select one of the options on the Action list. In the second screenshot, you can see all possible actions.
05. Enter your info in the field. The field may differ depending on what you chose on the Action list.
06. Tap Save changes.
Edit the rest of the blocks in the same way.
If the template you've chosen to create a digital business card doesn't have what you need, just add it. There are 18 blocks that you can use for it:
All blocks are added the same way. You can find detailed instructions for each of the blocks here. We will show an example with the Map block:
01. Tap Add block.
02. Select a block. In our case, it is Map.
03. Fill in the fields, they depend on the block you are adding. For example, you need to specify an address when you add a map.
04. Then you need to tap Add marker if you are adding a map. Repeat steps 3—4 if you want to add one more address.
05. Tap Save changes.
That's it, a new element has been added to the digital business card. In the screenshot below, you can see what it looks like.
You may need to delete page elements when you are creating a digital business card. This is how you can do it:
01. Tap a block.
02. Tap Action.
03. Select Delete.
04. Tap Delete to confirm the deletion.
In the same way, you can delete any element on the digital business card.
If you don't like the design theme of the digital business card you've created, you can:
We decided not to change the design theme of the business card that we created as an example.
Now that you've created a digital business card, it's time to share it with people. First, make the page available to them:
- Continue by publishing the page.
- Complete the web address of the business card. For example, write your brand name or username.
- Tap Connect.
After you've created a digital business card and made it shareable, you can give it to people online and offline.
Copy the link of the digital business card you've created in your Taplink account:
- Open the publishing menu.
- Tap Copy link.
Add the link you've got to your social account bio on:
Here you can read how to add a link to your bio on these social networks.
Also, add the link to your messaging app accounts, for example, on:
Put the digital business card link in:
- the description of your YouTube channel.
- your blog.
- your website.
- posts, Stories, Highlights.
Use the QR code to give your digital business card to people offline. On Taplink, you can adjust its design. After that, download the code:
- Open the publishing menu.
- Go to the QR code tab.
- Edit the code if necessary and tap Download file.
Print the downloaded QR code on:
- Outdoor advertising.
- Price lists.
- Name tags.
This is all you need to know. Now you are smart enough to create a digital business card for companies and personal brands. The part below is additional. There we answer common questions.
If you face a problem when creating a digital business card, you can find a solution in this part.
You can create a digital business card on an iPhone using Taplink. Use a ready-made template to do it quickly. Above you can find detailed instructions. You can also make your card from zero following your custom design idea so as to make your card as custom as possible.
If you want to create a digital business card on Android, use Taplink. You can put a clickable phone number, messaging app links, and also a button for saving your contact, and much more on it. You can find the instructions above.
You can create a digital business card on a desktop computer or laptop using Taplink. Follow the instructions above for this. Although the instructions show how to make a virtual business card on a phone, they are also suitable for creating the cards on computers and laptops. The interface on all devices is the same, so you can easily find the settings you need.
Here's what the Taplink interface looks like on a desktop:
Taplink allows you to create a digital business card online with no app. Above we give detailed instructions on how to create your electronic business card in it.
Create a digital business card on Taplink, and the QR code will be generated automatically. You can customize the colors of the code so that they match your brand. After that, you will only need to download the code and print it, above we explain this in detail.
If you want to create a digital business card for free, do it on Taplink. This tool has a free plan that is enough to add clickable phone and email links, a button for saving a contact, and much more. You can find step-by-step instructions on how to create a virtual business card above.
Digital business cards for WhatsApp are the same as the regular cards. You can make one on Taplink and put contact options on it. Above, we give instructions on how to do this.
After you create a digital business card for WhatsApp, you need to share it in these ways:
- Send the card link in private messages and group chats.
- Add the card link to your WhatsApp account if you use WhatsApp Business.
Create a digital business card in the Taplink web builder. On your smart card you can give clickable links for:
- social profiles.
- chats in messaging apps.
After you create your virtual business card, give it to people:
- online — send the link.
- offline — print the QR code.