A step-by-step guide on how to add a YouTube link to Instagram bio + lifehack
- Add YouTube link to Instagram bio via the app or web version
- Instagram app
- Instagram desktop version
- Pros and cons of adding YouTube link to the Instagram bio
- Add more than one link to your bio
- Social networks
- How to add a Taplink page to the Instagram bio
- Little tip: add timer
- Pros and cons of adding YouTube link to the Taplink page
- Frequently asked questions
- Can I add a YouTube playlist link on Instagram?
- Can I add a link to a video starting from a certain minute?
- Can I add links to two YouTube channels to my Instagram bio?
- Let’s recap
It's possible to add a YouTube link to the Instagram bio both in the app and in the web version of this platform. We will consider both options using the example of adding a link to a YouTube channel.
But before that, let's look at how to copy the link in the YouTube app.
- Open the YouTube app on your phone. Tap your profile icon in the upper-right corner.
- Go to Your channel.
- Hit the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Select Share.
- Tap Copy link.
This is how you can place a link to the channel in the profile bio using the Instagram app on iOS or Android:
- Open your page in the Instagram app and tap the avatar at the right bottom.
- Hit Edit profile.
- Hit the website field and select Paste to add a link to the channel.
- Tap Done in the upper-right corner.
That's it! A link to your YouTube channel is added to the profile bio.
How to add a link to the Instagram profile bio using your PC or Mac:
01. Open your Instagram profile in any browser and click the profile photo in the upper-right corner.
02. Select Profile.
03. Hit Edit Profile.
04. In the Website field, paste a link to your YouTube channel.
05. To save the result, click Submit.
Done! Now, the link to your YouTube channel is placed in the profile bio.
To wrap it up, let's look at the pros and cons of putting only one link in the Instagram bio.
|The link leads directly to your channel.||You can add only one link to the Instagram bio, that is, you're able to post only a link to your YouTube channel. This way, links to your social networks and messaging apps will be left beyond the attention.|
|No need for bothering. You can add a link to the profile bio in just a few steps.||When users click the link in your profile, the YouTube page will open directly on Instagram. That is, they will only be able to watch the video without the ability to leave comments and subscribe.|
What do you have to do if you want to share more than just one video with your followers? And how do you tell your audience that you also have other social networks? After all, there is a place for only one link.
This limit can be circumvented by placing all the links on Taplink. It's a tool that solves the problem of adding just one link to the bio. It collects into one URL all the links to social networks and messaging apps that are important to you.
There are more than 20 blocks on Taplink that are used to construct the page: text, avatar, FAQ, delimiter, links, social networks, messaging apps, videos, etc. We will look at three of them: a link, social networks, and a video.
But before you start creating a page, sign up at Taplink.
Here is a short instruction on how to start making a page at Taplink:
- After you have signed up, you can choose a premade design, or create your own. We will opt for Empty template.
- Set your avatar by tapping the profile icon.
- Hit Upload image to add your photo.
- Choose the appropriate Avatar size.
- Tap Save changes.
Now, when the page is made, we can start creating the link.
Add a link to your YouTube video using the "Link" block. When visitors of your Taplink page follow the link, the video will automatically open in the YouTube app.
But before that, let's look at how to copy a YouTube video link. This can be done in two steps:
- Open the video and tap Share below it.
- Select Copy link.
Now, we can move on to adding our first link:
- Hit Add block.
- Select Link.
- Write the name of the button in the Headline field.
- Paste the YouTube video link to the Website field.
- Tap Save changes.
Done! The link to the YouTube video is created.
Alongside with the "Link" block, you can use the "Social Networks" block.
This method is for you if you want a branded YouTube icon to be displayed on the button with your link. In addition, you can enable a notification for subscribers with an offer to subscribe to the channel. Then, when users click the link from their computer, they will see a notification with an offer to become a subscriber of your channel.
This is the way you can add a link to your YouTube account:
- Open the Taplink page and tap Add block.
- Select Social networks.
- Find YouTube and tap it.
- Add the text in the Link text field.
- Paste the link to the YouTube channel link field.
- Optionally, you can check the box next to Link to a subscription action.
- To submit your action, hit Save changes.
Done! Your link is added to your Taplink page.
If you want a YouTube video to be displayed on your page with the opportunity to watch it right there, then this can be done through the "Video" block.
Follow these instructions:
- Open your Taplink page and hit Add block.
- Select Video.
- Insert the link in the Link to video field.
- Tap the slider next to Autoplay on computer to make the video play automatically from followers' computers.
- Hit Save changes.
That's it! The link to the YouTube video is added to your Taplink page.
This is how it will look on the Taplink page:
Now you know how to put links to YouTube in three ways. To make your page even more attractive to users, add other blocks, such as text, for instance. And, of course, don't forget to design the page with one of the more than 300 color options.
Now, when the Taplink page is designed and all the links are added, you can put the link to Taplink in your Instagram bio.
There are three ways to do this:
- Come up with a unique name for the Taplink page.
- Add your domain.
We will use the first method.
- Hit Publish at the top of the screen.
- In the Enter the website address field, write a name for your page.
- Then tap Connect.
- Copy the link from Your website url field.
Then you can proceed according to the steps of adding a link to the Instagram bio, which we’ve already described.
So that visitors of your Instagram account don't miss your new video, set a timer on Taplink. This way, they will know exactly when your video is coming out.
This is how the timer looks like:
Here you can find even more examples of how to create a Taplink page: stunning link in bio examples for everyone.
Let's now look at the pros and cons of adding a link to your Taplink page.
|You can add multiple links at once. That is, users will see not only a link to the YouTube video but will also be able to go to your other social networks.||You will have to spend a little more time creating a Taplink page than just placing a link in the Instagram profile bio.|
|The video will open immediately in the YouTube app, not on Instagram.|
|You can add a link to the subscription.|
|Your followers will be able to subscribe to your channel if they follow the link to it from a computer.|
|You can add a timer to the release of a new video.|
Now we will answer the frequently asked questions that relate to adding a YouTube link to the profile bio.
Yes, you can add a link to the playlist both on Instagram and on Taplink using the "Social networks" or "Link" blocks by analogy with the instructions above.
If you starred in some video from a certain minute, and now you want to show it to your subscribers, then it is not necessary to write: "Watch me from 3:12". You can simply specify the beginning of the video when copying a link to YouTube. But this can only be done through the YouTube website.
How to do it:
- Open the video in the web version of YouTube and click Share.
02. Check the box next to Start.
03. Specify the time at which the video will start.
04. Click Copy.
That's it! Now, people who follow the link won't have to look for the beginning of the fragment that you want to show them.
Sure, you can add links to your YouTube channels to the Instagram profile bio. And it doesn't matter how many you have — 2, 3, 5, or 10, or maybe more. This can be done at Taplink via the "Social networks" block.
You can add a YouTube link to your Instagram profile bio to attract more attention to your account on this video platform. And this means increasing the number of views, subscribers, comments, and likes.
However, if you have a bio link on Instagram that you don't want to remove, or you want to share several YouTube videos at once, then use the service for multiple links. It doesn't limit you in the number of links you add, and it also allows you to put a timer before the video release, so that your fans won't miss it for sure.
If you have any problems adding a link to the Instagram bio, write in the comments. We will try to help you.