How to tag someone on Instagram stories, posts, comments
Tagging in comments is called a mention on Instagram. It can prove useful if you wish to draw users' attention to a post or a conversation under it. The username of the selected person will be displayed in the comments after mention. This user will receive a notification to quickly go to the post. If you want to keep your comment at the first position, you can pin it. Read it in our article how to do it.
- Tap @ and write a username.
- When you see the list of people, choose the right one.
- Add text if you want it, then tap Post.
If you want to share a photo or video where your friends are present, you can tag them in your post. In this case, the post will contain links to the profile of users. If your account isn't private, these people will get a notification that you've just made a post.
- Upload a photo on Instagram, adjust the colors and apply filters if you wish. Then choose Tag person.
- Then tap the screen.
- Add usernames of people who you want to mention. When you see tags on the photo, you can move them to the appropriate places.
- Tap Done.
- Hit Share to post your photo or video.
- Choose the photo where you want to add tags.
- Tap three dots and choose Edit.
- Hit Tag people icon and tap the photo to add people. When tags appear on the picture, you can replace them as you want.
- Tap Done.
Instagram allows you to mention someone not only in the posts, but also in the stories. You can do it with a special sticker or @. Choose the way you like the most.
- Tap + in the top of your screen or swipe right in the Feed. Add a photo or video.
- Then tap on the sticker icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose @mention.
- Start typing a username and choose the needed one when his/her profile appears on the screen. Move the added sticker where you want. You can pinch to resize it. Add so many users as you wish.
- When you're ready, post it.
- Tap + in the top of your screen or swipe right in the Feed.
- Add a photo or video.
- Tap on the screen, add @ and start typing a username.
- When you see the list of users, choose a required one.
- Tap Done to publish the story.
Other users can mention you too. If you want, you can delete these tags. You can see such posts in the special section of your profile.
- Open your account and tap on the right icon under the Bio.
- If you want to delete tags, tap on the photo and hit three dots.
- Choose Tag options.
- Tap Remove Me from Post.
To promote in the online sphere, companies use Instagram tags to attract users' attention. This feature also makes it possible to link two accounts to each other. Many commercial projects have two or more profiles that relate to the same topic, but differ by some criteria. If you have a shop on Instagram, we recommend you to tag your product, so users can easily get to know the price.
If you are seriously thinking about the promotion of your business, then pay attention to such a multilink service as Taplink. This tool will help you tell even more about your product and increase sales. Followers can contact you in one click, and most importantly you can share with them all your social networks and messengers. Sign up and create your stunning landing page!
Now you perfectly know how to mention someone in the comments, posts, and stories. You can freely publish photos and introduce followers to your friends or just interesting people from your environment. If you're looking for ways of promotion, we advise you to pay attention to the multilink service Taplink.
Do you like when someone mention you on Instagram? Share your opinion in the comments.