How to add a link to your Instagram bio
- Link in Instagram bio and its nuances
- How to add a link to your Instagram bio
- In the Instagram app
- From the PC version
- How to use the link in your Instagram bio effectively
- How to add multiple links to your Instagram bio
- Who can benefit from adding multiple links in their Instagram bio?
- Where else can you add links in your Instagram account?
- Instagram Stories
- Promotion on Instagram
- Shoppable posts
- Action buttons
- Let’s recap
A link in Instagram bio is a clickable URL that users add at the top of their profile page. In general, it's vital information that people want to share with others: personal website, online shop or details about a coming event, etc.
If we compare Instagram with other socials, there are two significant restrictions for adding external links.
- On Instagram, your link is only clickable in bio. On Twitter and Facebook it is clickable in bio, posts and comments.
- On Instagram, you can add only one clickable link to your bio, plus a clickable FB icon. On Twitter or Facebook, you can add as many links as you need.
Read on to find out how you can add a website to your bio and bypass the limits.
It's easy to add a link to your Instagram bio. It takes only 3 steps. Let's look at how you can do it in the app or from a PC.
You can edit your Instagram bio and add a link to it from your profile page.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- Add a URL to the Website field.
- Hit Done.
Authorize on the Instagram website, then go post a link in your bio.
- Tap Edit Profile.
02. Add a link to the Website field.
03. Tap Submit.
If you are an influencer or entrepreneur, you should know that the more effectively you organize page promotion, the more conversion and sales you get. Catchy Instagram bio is crucial for the promotion. That's why you should think of a good call to action when you add a link to your Instagram bio. It should invite people to follow the link.
We want to give you 4 examples when people added a link in their Instagram bio and got a positive result for their business.
- Promote discounts and special offers. In the bio text, we can see that Tarte Cosmetics are offering products with 50% discounts. They use emoji to let people know they can get it by the link in the Instagram profile bio. It leads to the section with the products on sale.
- Put a link to a new YouTube video or to the release of the new track. Thus, the more visitors of your Instagram page click on the link, the more views, downloads and comments you get.
- If you promote an online shop, then you should put the link in your Instagram bio that allows users to purchase a product or book a service.
- Add a link to your website where Instagram users can find information about you, your courses, or new blog posts.
For most users, adding one link in their Instagram bio isn't enough. Some of them want to direct the audience both to their online shop and to their social profiles. Others also need to add messaging app links like their Snapchat profile or their Twitter profile URL. That's when Taplink comes to the rescue.
This advanced link in bio allows you to expand your Instagram bio. It helps you to add more than one clickable link, more text, and also media files to it. In fact, you can put as many as you want. Besides the links, you can add different blocks such as photo, video, location, form, payment, etc.
Choose a design from more than 300 pre-made design templates to create a selling page. If you can't find the one you like, then you can design your own page from scratch. It takes you a couple of minutes to create a stunning Taplink page. And you don't even need a programmer or designer.
- Online shops. Make shopping usable for your Instagram customers. Various blocks and design templates help you to start an online sale in a few minutes.
- Bloggers, musicians and influencers. Boost the popularity by telling about yourself on the page. You may want to send people from Instagram to a YouTube video, Spotify music, ticket purchase, registration for participation in events, etc by the link in your bio.
- Brands. Tell people about your company and its products. Let your clients choose a suitable way to contact you, find out your location and working hours. You can also direct people to pay for goods and services. And all these you can add to your Instagram bio with a single link!
- Everyone. Even if you consider yourself as a non-media person, we're sure that you have something to tell this world. Add information about yourself, your hobbies and achievements by the link in your Instagram bio.
We wrote an ultimate guide on how you can create an Instagram landing page and what you should add on it to reach your marketing goals.
Your Instagram bio is not the only place where you can add a clickable link.
You can add a clickable link to your Instagram Stories. You should add the sticker and set a web address in the editing menu.
The advantage of such links is that followers watch Instagram Stories more often than visit profiles. On the other hand, Stories disappear within 24 hours. Create Highlight if you want to save your story with a link.
It doesn't matter whether you save stories in Highlights or let them go, pay attention to the design. Use stickers, add text, highlight important information using vivid colors. Make the link stand out by putting arrows and other animated stickers so that users notice it. Read more about links in stories in our article.
In Business accounts, you can run an advert to give Instagram users a clickable link. It will appear in the feed under a promoting post. The link will be clickable while you pay for the promotion.
Read about ways to run promotion on Instagram here.
Shoppable posts make it easier for Instagram customers to find prices. And it frees stores from answering the flow of "How much for it?" questions in the comments or Instagram DM. Products' tags appear once a user taps on a shoppable post.
If you want to create a shoppable post, then you need to create a catalog on Facebook first. After you place all the items and add links and descriptions, you can attach tags on Instagram. Your accounts on these platforms should be connected.
On your profile page, users will see a button leading to a page with shoppable posts.
If a user is interested in a product, then they should tap on the screen. Then, the shop tags appear. By tapping one of them, a user gets to the official website with all the information and the opportunity to make an order.
If you have a Business account, then you can add contact buttons to your Instagram bio which are clickable links. In the settings, you can add your phone number, email or a button for ordering, booking or reservation. Moreover, you can add a location to your Instagram bio, it will also be clickable.
These buttons are a more convenient way to contact you. Thus, it may play its role in increasing conversions.
Now you know all the ways to add links to the Instagram bio, both using the app and website. Try all of them. Add links to bio, Stories, ads, shoppable posts and contact buttons too.
Understanding how clickable links work on the social platform is crucial for your Instagram marketing strategy. Once you get a grasp of it, you can easily tell your followers about a new video, track or product release, give them a link to your shop or share news about a special offer.
If you want to add more than one link, use Taplink. Then you can share multiple of them with users. Read more Instagram tips and secrets.
Do you use any link in bio tools? Write in the comments!