How to contact Instagram support in the app, by mail or phone
You can try to solve the problems yourself before you request support. Instagram gives a good guide for the purpose. Navigate the link or open it in the app:
- Open the profile menu.
- Choose the settings.
- Tap the Help section.
- Open Help Center.
When you've got to the help center, you can just write your problem in the search above.
If you see nothing relevant on the page, find a soulution in the sections.
- Decide on a category of the problem.
- Find a relevant question.
If the problem is losing the access to your account, you can fix it from the main page of the social media platform.
- Tap the link "Get help logging in" on a phone, or "Forgot password?" on a computer.
- Type your email address or the phone number. Instagram will send you a link.
- Navigate the link from the mail or message to get back into your account.
- Set a new password.
You can reach the support both from a phone or computer. The reply will be sent to the mail you have in the account settings.
To send a message to the customer service and report a problem, open the app and tap the buttons named below.
- The three lines from your profile page.
- The gear thumbnail in the opened menu.
- Report a Problem section.
- Report a Problem option.
Describe your problem, attach media if needed, then tap Submit.
You can contact Instagram support team from a computer from the website.
- Click your avatar.
- Click the Profile icon.
- Open the settings.
- Choose Report a Problem.
- Describe a problem, here you can also attach a photo or video. Click Send Report.
If you have Windows 10, you might have installed the Instagram app. You can use it to reach the customer service. The directions are the same as for reporting from the website.
Instagram customer service has its phone number.
But don’t expect a human to answer you. A bot will be more likely to deal with your problem first.
You can also contact Instagram support by email. You don’t need to open the website or the app. It’s useful when the problem is that you can’t open them.
Use Instagram’s email address to contact the customer service.
In the email letter:
- Give a profile link.
- Describe the problem.
- Attach a screenshot with a bug or affront.
- OS and the device you are trying to get into your account from.
If you described the problem properly, Instagram help support will consider the request and reply by mail.
Whatever way to contact Instagram support you choose, IG customer support deals with the queries like:
- account recovery;
- failures and bugs in mobile and desktop versions of the social media;
- ads payments problems;
- creating a business-account;
- missing notifications;
- temporary or permanent account block;
- hacked accounts;
- violating the community guidelines;
- conflict situations between Instagram users.
You can also reach for help when you get a message like "Unable to use on your device" or "Unavailable on your device". In this case the support team will help to find out the reason and solution for the failure.
Instagram provides no information on how fast it responds. From personal and other users' experience we can conclude it takes 24-48 hours for the first answer. If the problem requires further conversation, you have to wait longer for each following message. If the letter contents incomplete information, it may be ignored.
Neither does Instagram please its users with the information about a term it solves the problems. But you can check the progress. Open Reports in the Support Requests section. Tap a report to see the details. Mind, Instagram mentions that not all your reports can be found there.
The easiest way to report a problem is through the app. If you can’t launch it, contact Instagram support by mail, or use the phone number.
Tell us in the comments how long you usually wait for Instagram support answer?